15 years of experience leading pricing transformation and strategic revenue growth initiatives at B2B distributors and manufacturing partners, operating on behalf of a private equity investor.
Pricing Expert – Specific Industry Experience:
- Janitorial Supplies Distribution (extensive experience, including corporate strategy roles)
- Janitorial Supplies Manufacturing (former head of product management)
- Packaging Distribution (including corporate strategy & competitive intelligence)
- Food Service Disposables / Paper (napkins, consumables, food packaging)
- Grocery Distribution (Mapped channel economics as CPG Brand Manager)
- Printing Paper / Office Products
- Building Materials (specifically fence materials)
Pricing Expert – Commercial Leadership Roles:
Mix of pricing and commercial experience, generally retained as a pricing expert operating as an internal pricing strategy consultant. However, I possess equivalent depth as a sales leader and product executive with P&L oversight & sales responsibility. Career includes positions as:
- Head of Product Management & Retail Strategy – $250 MM CPG Manufacturer
- Corporate Strategy Executive / Head of Data Science – Fortune 500 distributor (paper, packaging, and janitorial supplies; also led analytics & competitive intelligence teams)
- Corporate Head of Pricing & Analytics – national distributor of paper, packaging, and janitorial supplies owned by Bain Capital
- GE Trained Six Sigma Black Belt & Client Marketing Leader
Solution Delivery Expertise
Capabilities supported by a strong IT background, with extensive experience in sales process automation & digital marketing. Veteran project director and vendor manager. Adept at leading pricing consultants and managing pricing consulting firms.
Key Principles Of My Work As A Pricing Expert
- The biggest commercial gains only come when you rethink the business
- 80 / 20 – Focus on doing only a few things but execute flawlessly
- Effective change leadership is an efficiency game (Engineering FTW!)
- Eliminate complexity and opacity to accelerate progress
- Automation is the key to sustainability
- You get what you inspect
- Pricing impact is the goal.
The Rest of The Package
Beyond pricing, I can bring deep expertise in strategic business development to your team. Background includes valuation, financial modeling, competitive intelligence, mergers and acquisitions strategy, post-merger integration, strategic partnerships, and corporate restructuring. Extensive experience handling C-level and Board of Directors clients.
Successfully bootstrapped a digital publisher using expertise in SEO and digital advertising. Executed platform acquisition in adjacent vertical and grew website traffic by over 10 X.
If you’re still intrigued, drop me a line at hound-at-marginhound.com and we can discuss.